The Academy offers students the opportunity to:
- Improve physical performance and prepare physically in the new strength and conditioning facility;
- Access weekly training under the guidance of the Strength and Conditioning Facilitator;
- Undertake training sessions run by accredited coaches from development programs throughout Victoria;
- Showcase their potential in talent identification programs (state and national level);
- Successfully complete their VCE whilst managing their sporting commitments; and
- Analyse personal performance and movement patterns.
INDIVIDUAL LEARNING PLANS
Each student selected to be part of the Academy will have an individual learning plan (ILP) created for them in order to meet educational and sporting goals. They will undertake the Athlete Enhancement Program (AEP) at Years 7, 8 and 9. Senior students start to complete VCE/VET units in year 10 to help them manage school and sporting commitments.
ATHLETE ENHANCEMENT PROGRAM (AEP)
All junior school students enrolled in the Sports Academy will undertake an AEP unit each semester to assist them towards achieving success as a sporting professional. In this program students will work on their fitness levels, learn to understand specifics in training, recovery and nutrition, and time management skills. Areas of study include: goal setting, fitness testing, training regime development, leadership training, and sports nutrition.